Monday, June 1, 2015

Full Circle and Repeating

Today (Sunday), as I attempt to come up with something new and witty, I am at a loss and feeling melancholic and emotional. Today would have been my father’s 72nd birthday. It is always a day that is on my mind, but simultaneously, my family is prepping to say our last goodbyes to my grandmother (on my mother’s side). At 96 years strong, she was daughter, sister, wife, mother, and then widower. She was a student, teacher, good friend to many, and at times, cranky and stubborn. Having lost my father when I was 30 years old, I had to learn too soon in life what it felt like to lose a close family member. After such a loss, there is never an easy way to handle your day-to-day business, but I have discovered that you have to push through. Now I go about my normal routine and do my absolute best to keep my emotions in check.   

My new “normal” is attending the AGD annual meeting. I blogged about committing to attend the AGD’s annual meeting each year after my first attendance in Nashville in 2013. This year is a bit different; I am a delegate for our constituent, which brings with it new responsibilities. I’m looking forward to AGD 2015 in San Francisco to see what new technology is being showcased on the exhibit floor, to receive top-notch dental continuing education, and to learn what the House of Delegates is all about. Simply thinking about the time there lightens my mood and brings me back around.   
         
That being said, I am keeping this blog short and sweet with a promise to report on the great annual meeting that is in the foreseeable future. Have a great week and keep your head up, friends. Each day is a gift, and we need to appreciate those who we have in it each day.  

Colleen B. DeLacy, DDS, FAGD


No comments:

Disclaimer

PLEASE NOTE: When commenting on this blog, you are affirming that any and all statements, and parts thereof, that you post on “The Daily Grind” (the blog) are your own.


The statements expressed on this blog to include the bloggers postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), nor do they imply endorsement by the AGD.