Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I don't even know what to say.
I sit here in my office and think about all that I am thankful for and don't even know where to start.

I mean you all know how I feel about living in this country.
I can't help to feel lucky every time I turn on the world news and see other countries suffering so much. We are the best, most caring, most philanthropic country in the world.
Much has been asked of us because much has been given to us.
We have a government and economy (I know it doesn't seem like it right now) that is the envy of the world.

I am kind of a spiritual man and I am thankful for knowing God and the opportunity I have to go to heaven.
I am thrilled that my family will know they will have the same.

I have a beautiful wife that loves me even with all my faults (don't say anything). She loves me when I am great and she loves me when I am an a-hole.
I am thankful for our relationship. I seem to love her more and more as time goes on.
God has truly blessed me with this soul-mate.
Speaking of blessings...my kids.
I have three of the most wonderful children. I couldn't of created better ones on the computer.
Having children is so much more rich than you can imagine. And talk about screwing up...I do on a regular basis, I am just hoping they see my love for them through all my mistakes.

I have this awesome job and get to share it with my dad.
He is a great partner and an awesome supporter of me and what I am doing. He is fun to work with and easy to talk to.
I love my job and the people I work with. It is one of these loves that I would do it for free if I could (I asked my wife and she said NO).
I love teeth and the people that have them. I feel like God has put me here and I use this "talent" in a way that is glorifying to Him.
I have always thought about this...Why did God make me a dentist? But as I started seeing the mission field that I am in, it is becoming very clear.

I have a perfect house in a great neighborhood. I have great friends.
I have a great church and a great church family.

I have a mom and brothers and sisters that love me (okay, maybe like alot). And we are all in pretty good health.

So, yes there is somethings that are not rosy all the time but when you look at the big picture...it is pretty nice. Okay, real nice.
We sometimes have a tendency to look at the bad stuff but I think this is a mistake. We forget to really look at all our blessings. We are so hell bent on finishing this task or getting to this event we forget to "stop and smell the roses".

So when I am sitting at the table tomorrow and my mom is eventually going to say, "Let's go around the table and tell each other what we are thankful for", I guess, in the interest of time I could just say, "EVERYTHING".

Lastly, I am thankful for you. I really do enjoy this thing. It is like therapy.
Okay one more thing...I am thankful that the Gators are going to win the National Championship.

Have a great weekend.
Football, basketball, turkey, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie, (I am salivating just thinking of tomorrow) family and naps...what more can you ask for.
John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FSU and Alabama may have different thoughts on that my friend. Ok, actually UF should plow through them too.

Disclaimer

PLEASE NOTE: When commenting on this blog, you are affirming that any and all statements, and parts thereof, that you post on “The Daily Grind” (the blog) are your own.


The statements expressed on this blog to include the bloggers postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), nor do they imply endorsement by the AGD.