Monday, April 21, 2014

Top Ten



We speak with patients everyday. However, some things just never come up in conversation. Here is my top 10 list of things I do NOT hear from patients in my dental office:



10) Doc, don’t take this personally, but I love dentists.
9) I left my cell phone at home so it doesn’t disturb you.
8) Doc, your fees are so low. Are you sure you are charging enough?
7) Are you sure you only have to do a filling? Can’t you do a crown instead?
6) Wow, I just love that dental office smell.
5) Man, I hope this filling turns into a root canal.
4) You know, I’d rather have dental treatment than have a baby.
3) I’ve always felt dentists are underpaid.
2) Can you increase the volume of your handpiece? I can barely hear it.
1) My favorite part is the shot.

What could your patients say that would shock you?

Andy Alas, DDS

2 comments:

Ed Paul DDS said...

I know your time is valuable, so instead of just idlying sitting in the waiting room, I decided to go to the bathroom already so we can get right to work.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had one sore spot from this denture you made a year ago..

Disclaimer

PLEASE NOTE: When commenting on this blog, you are affirming that any and all statements, and parts thereof, that you post on “The Daily Grind” (the blog) are your own.


The statements expressed on this blog to include the bloggers postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), nor do they imply endorsement by the AGD.