Monday, October 31, 2011

The Cosmos

Greetings. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

If you noticed, I did not have a blog last Monday. Truth is, the closer I get to 50, (and it’s approaching quickly), the more I forget to do things. Also, I think I have myself spread kind of thin theses days. I get involved in so many things, I don’t know if I am coming or going sometimes.

I was a little concerned last weekend because it was supposed to be the end of the world. Now, I realize a few prediction dates have come and passed, but for some reason, I felt that all the signs were there this time:

1. I had just purchased an iPhone 4, and the new one is already coming out (some kind of celestial humor).
2. All my dogs are sleeping in the same bed as though they have been in love their whole lives. Yeah, right.
3. The Miami dolphins are winless.
4. The Gators are losing.
5. My wife ordered blue cheese dressing for her salad at a restaurant (that could have been a sign all on its own).

So, in my mind, everything pointed to October 21st as the day. The only snag I was having was traveling 300 miles south for an implant class in Miami. How do I pack? Something in the back of my head was telling me to bring an extra pair of underwear in case I had to actually drive back (glad I did). By the way, if you ever get a chance to do a hands-on course with Dr. Michael McCracken, do it.

Friday came and went without even a thunderstorm. The weather was absolutely perfect in Miami the whole weekend. Saturday, once I concluded we were going to be here for a while, I took a drive to the Aventura Mall in Hollandale. Wow, what a place. There were Lamborghinis in the parking lot! I needed a new pair of pants, and I figured I would try on a pair of “designer” jeans. As I stepped foot in the store, I realized right away that it was going to be interesting. I was by myself, a sitting duck. The women ran up to me and said, “Let me find you a nice pair of jeans.”

I felt pretty good getting all this attention (which I think is part of the plan). They took me to the dressing room with a couple of pairs and asked me to try them on. If I didn’t stop them from actually coming into the dressing room, I really think they would have put them on for me. I’m not kidding. I told them that I thought I could handle it. As I was changing, different shirts were being thrown over the top for me to try on with the pants. I came out with the jeans and one of the shirts on. They both told me I looked “hot.” Okay, they win. I bought the pants and two shirts. Now I had a full outfit to drive back home in. All in all, it was a great weekend.

There has to be something going on with the cosmos though, I just don’t know what it is yet. I mean, my wife NEVER orders blue cheese...

Have a great week.

Scott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. Im glad we are all still here as well

Anonymous said...

haha, I wouldn't wish Blue Cheese as a last meal on anyone

Ken said...

Your lucky your world didn't end when you got home. How the hell do you explain coming home in new "hot" clothes to your wife?

Disclaimer

PLEASE NOTE: When commenting on this blog, you are affirming that any and all statements, and parts thereof, that you post on “The Daily Grind” (the blog) are your own.


The statements expressed on this blog to include the bloggers postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), nor do they imply endorsement by the AGD.