Monday, March 23, 2009

Video review

Hi all,

I had a pretty uneventful weekend.
My wife and I watch a movie called Heat. I thought it was a new movie but when I got it it was made in 1995. It was with Pacino and DeNiro.
It was pretty good.
I am reading a book about a Sniper in the Vietnam War. It is really good.
I don't have it in front of me but I will get you the title soon.

Oh, on Saturday morning I got my back waxed.
Yeah, you heard me right. I don't know if you know this but I am one hairy mutha.
So I had this long standing patient come in and told me she really is in pain but doesn't have any money to pay. She is a cosmetologist so she didn't pay but left a gift certificate to her salon.
So I don't really trust her with doing my wife's nails or toes so what else is there?
So it is getting close to swimming season and I hate offending people when I come close to their kids so I went and did it.
Has anyone ever done this?
Well let me tell you something. It hurts like a !@$#$%@#$%#$^$% .
I had to to please ask her to stop a couple of times.
I wont get into all the details but...it is very weird feeling fabric on my back.

Today real quick I want you to look at two videos. If you are computer people there is a real good chance you have seen both of these videos.
As a parent I have my opinions (I know what you are thinking, me with an opinion) about both of these and I am going to talk about them on Wednesday.

The first one is this little girl (I think I read she is 4) dancing to Beyonce's song Single Ladies. This video is split screen. On one side is the real video and the other is the little girl trying to emulate Beyonce.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5ZbgkCJH8&feature=related

The second video is the kid that just came home from a dental visit. Apparently he is just coming out of some sort of conscience sedation and talking all crazy.
Have a look...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs&feature=related

I am sorry about the shameless plugs on this video. I couldn't find the original without the ads for the dentist or the T-shirts.
I want to know what you think about these videos.
I think it would be fun to debate these videos.
If you are not a parent I would also like for you to tell me what you think.

Talk to you on Wednesday.
john

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happen to think you tube is a riot!
That little girl is pretty good, and Beyonce actually has on more clothes than the little girl (3/4 more of a sleeve).
Here is a you tube video to check out. Do you think it is hilarious? I laugh so hard every time I see it. Maybe I am just warped...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y

Anonymous said...

John you are crazy. Getting your back waxed. LOL How about giving the gift certificate to someone else?

Disclaimer

PLEASE NOTE: When commenting on this blog, you are affirming that any and all statements, and parts thereof, that you post on “The Daily Grind” (the blog) are your own.


The statements expressed on this blog to include the bloggers postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), nor do they imply endorsement by the AGD.